Partner at Virtus Law
Sheetal is a corporate and commercial partner at Virtus Law* with a practice focused on technology and data protection.
She regularly advises clients on data privacy matters, including PDPA and regulatory issues, compliance programmes, licensing, developing and disruptive technology. Her sector experience spans industries ranging from technology, shipping, food and beverage, fashion and retail, manufacturing, healthcare and hospitality. Sheetal is a key contact on technology and data protection in Singapore, and draws from her corporate expertise to walk clients through complicated and sensitive matters in a commercial way. She regularly writes and speaks on PDPA, data breaches, and investments into fintech.
- Advised AxiomSL, an international provider of regulatory reporting, risk, and data management solutions, on a range of data protection issues associated with its various services agreements.
- Advised Eastern Pacific Shipping in connection with its implementation of data protection policies across the group, including advising on proactive measures to be adopted by the business to address data security and dealing with data security breaches.
- Advised Swire Shipping Group in connection with the review of its data protection policies for compliance with Singapore personal data protection laws.
- Advised Equinix, the world's largest IBX data center & colocation provider, on a range of data protection and privacy issues relevant to its business.
- Advised Corporation Services Company on global data transfer requirements in 13 jurisdictions, including Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia.
- Advised the Sequent Group on its global data transfer arrangements between its international offices and involving a third party vendor for compliance with Singapore data protection laws.
- Advised S&P Global on its transfer impact assessment for Singapore.
- Advised Corporation Services Company on the review and implementation of its global employee handbook, including personal data privacy notices in respect of its employees.
- Advised Kudu Investment Management LLC in the review of their referral agreement/terms of engagement on Singapore personal data protection laws requirements.
- Advised Tradego Pte. Ltd. on regulatory aspects of Singapore personal data protection laws, and alignment of its personal data protection provisions with the same.
- Advised Albemarle Corporation on the Singapore personal data protection regime in connection with its implementation of certain employee incentive schemes to its employees in Singapore.
- Advised a range of clients, including Luxoft, Davita, Mundipharma, Petrobras, General Mills, Kuok Group, and FedEx on general data protection and data sharing matters.
- Provided client training to startups like JustCo on data privacy matters.
*Virtus Law LLP (T13LL0339K) and Stephenson Harwood LLP (T13LL0821C) are registered as a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore under the name Stephenson Harwood (Singapore) Alliance. Both firms are registered in Singapore under the Limited Liability Partnership Act (Chapter 163A) with limited liability. The term "partner" is used to refer to a member in one of the constituent law firms.