Naomi has a strong data protection practice and regularly advises clients on GDPR compliance. She has significant experience in the life sciences sector and often advises in relation to the interaction between GDPR compliance and compliance with various pharma regulations, including the Clinical Trials Regulation. Naomi has worked with various clients for the purposes of their GDPR compliance programmes including responding to DSARs, compiling DPIAs and commenting on electronic-marketing practices. She also frequently collaborates with corporate finance colleagues on the data protection aspects of M&A transactions.
- Advised the life sciences company, BTG, on its GDPR compliance programme and, in particular, advising on the interaction between GDPR compliance and its Informed Consent Requirements under Clinical Trials.
- Advised UCB Pharma in relation to compliance with the UK Human Samples Act, requirements for consent and the interplay with GDPR requirements.
- Advised a "Big Four" professional services firm in relation to various SAR compliance requirements and its contractual arrangements and standard terms.
- Advised a collection of art galleries in relation to their GDPR compliance requirements following which she advised a number of galleries in particular in relation to their ability to market effectively to customers.
- Advised a POS software platform, Iiko, in relation to their entry into the European market and compliance with GDPR, including contractual terms with the customers and suppliers along with the end-user’s consumer terms.
© Stephenson Harwood LLP 2023. Information contained on this page is current as at the date of first publication and is for general information only. It is not intended to provide legal advice.