Kate is an associate in Stephenson Harwood’s international data protection practice with experience of advising clients on compliance with the UK GDPR and drafting data protection compliant documentation. Kate also advises clients on data protection risks in commercial and corporate transactions.
- Advising a client on the data protection risks of processing biometric data as part of the implementation of an automated identity verification platform.
- Providing secondment-type data protection support to a multinational FMCG organisation in relation to their privacy practices and management.
- Advising a large property fund on the data protection issues relating to the implementation of a workplace experience app and platform.
- Advising a consumer-facing online interior design company on their online terms and privacy notices.
- Drafting online privacy and cookie policies for a multi-national tour bus operator.
- Supported various clients across a wide selection of industries in relation to cookie compliance including advising on international transfer risks related to the use of Google Analytics.
- Advising a PE house on the data protection issues in relation to the acquisition of the UK's largest family history site, specifically in relation to consumer-facing direct marketing practices.
- Completing transfer impact assessments for various clients in relation to transfers of personal data outside of the UK and EU.
- Providing strategic advice to a number of consumer-facing clients across a wide selection of sectors in relation to data subject access requests (DSARs), advising across the full lifecycle of any request, including drafting initial responses; analysing and advising on the complexity of the request; advising on the scope of the search for data; assisting with the collection and review of data; and reviewing and redacting relevant data sets to ensure only relevant data is disclosed in accordance with the UK GDPR.
- General advice in relation to international transfers, privacy compliance programmes, data governance.