Jonathan is a skilled data protection associate who, prior to training at Stephenson Harwood, spent a number of years working at the UK data protection regulator (the ICO). He brings an in-depth regulatory perspective to the firm's data protection offering. During his time at the ICO he worked on key public-sector audits covering the suite of UK privacy legislation to identify and understand data protection risk affecting the most sensitive matters to the public. His role included leading on high-profile, sensitive and novel information rights cases at the ICO. Having trained at the firm, Jonathan now works with a range of key clients on strategic matters including:
- Drafting key international intra-group transfer arrangements to marry global data flows with statutory requirements.
- Advised a worldwide logistics company on safeguarding international transfers of personal data.
- Helped an international ratings agency with a data protection audit covering its suite of platforms and applications.
- Negotiated and drafted insolvency-related data processing agreements.
- Advised an international client in the rail industry on freedom of information legislation.
- Working with a global cosmetics brand to align their UK documentation following an acquisition.
- Working with an industry body on the landmark development of a data protection code of conduct.
- Developing an innovative automated solution to carrying out mandatory remediation for international transfers.
- Drafting key privacy documentation for a global investment fund.