Alison has considerable experience advising on data protection issues including GDPR-compliance, compliance with suebject access requests, direct marketing and data protection in the context of commercial and corporate transactions. She provides data privacy assistance to clients including financial institutions and life sciences companies. Alison also advises clients on a range of commercial matters, and gained valuable commercial experience during her in-house secondments, including to an insurance intermediary.
Alison has supported a number of clients on extensive GDPR-remediation projects as well as DIFC-based clients on the steps required for compliance with the DIFC Data Protection Law No.5 of 2020. Alison has delivered training for the Dubai International Finance Centre (DIFC) Academy of Law on the GDPR and the 2007 DPL and contributed data protection commentary to the Laws of the DIFC Vol 2, for which she was named an 'Academy of Law Specialist in DIFC Data Protection Law'.
- Assisted a bank with its gap analysis of banking terms and fair processing notices, and advising them on the GDPR and the implications of its entry into force.
- Advised on a significant GDPR-remediation project for a pensions administrator.
- Provided advice to an accounting firm in relation to handling subject access requests in the context of insolvency and restructuring processes.
- Provided analysis and advice to a global software company on GDPR considerations in the context of a number of acquisitions and investments in technology companies operating in the healthcare sector.
- Supported a DIFC-based client with their substantial DIFC Data Protection Law No.5 of 2020 compliance project.